Common Noun is a part of English Grammar. There are several types of Noun and it is a part of the Noun. Generally, we can’t use capital letters before common nouns. This Noun is the general name for a place, person, or thing in a group or class.
Actually, it is not capitalized it begins a sentence or appears in a heading. Generally, it will be the quite apparent definite person, place or thing is being named. Therefore, a common noun is any person, place, or thing but not the actual names of those people, places, or things.
The definition of Common Noun
Definition: The noun is not a defined place, person, or thing. On the other hand, A proper noun, is a definite person, thing and place. Examples of common nouns the words cow, boy, and country.
Common Noun meaning
It is not a definite place, person, or thing. on the other hand, A proper noun, is a defined person, thing and place. Synonym of Common Noun: A noun that can become first by an indefinite article and signifies any member or all members of a classroom a usual noun Such as dog or city.
Examples of a proper noun and common noun
There are some Common and Proper examples for learners.
[table id=36 /]
Common noun sentences
This type of Noun understands any person, place, or thing but not the actual names of those people, places, or things. Here, we’ll look at the Noun and make available some examples so you will be able to identify common nouns while you see them. Don’t fear, this will be simple.
Example of Common Noun
- They talk about movies and celebrities.
- Alex is a wonderful player.
- Sydney Sixers is the team plays for.
- He has a house and a car
- He is a man of dream.
- He plays cricket with intensity.
- His friend accompanies him.
- Sydney is the city he lives in.
- He has a dog named Poppy.
- He goes for a walk by the river every day.
- He has a house across the
- He was not born in this country.
- He is a fan of Hugh Jackman and the movie
- Michael Clarke is his mentor.
- I want to be a
- Let’s go to the city.
- There are a lot of important documents in the
The instance of common Nouns with Sentences
Bellow has several examples of the Noun in the same sentence.
- The baby is crying for his toy car.
- My car is parked in the driveway.
- The movie was interrupted by noise.
- The sky looks beautiful in the morning.
- Ali has broken my pen.
- I have brought new jackets.
- Every state has different rules and laws.
- The dog is barking after seeing a beggar
- You have brains in your head.
- You have feet in your shoes.
- You can steer yourself
- any direction you choose.
- you are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
Hereby underlined words “baby,” “car,” “movie,” “sky”, “pen,” “jackets,” every state,” and “dog,” are overall names for people and things.
Finally, Dear friends and students, you can get more information about the common nouns. We are trying to give for good something as if it can be benefited from here for you.
This topic is very important for all kinds of students. Get more information about English at once with us.